FIFTH Annual California Climate Change Research Conference
Sponsors: California Energy Commission, California Environmental Protection Agency (CalEPA), and California Resources Agency
Cosponsor: California Department of Water Resources
The California Energy Commission and its Public Interest Energy Research (PIER) Program cordially invites you to its Fifth Annual Research Conference on Climate Change. The conference will take place on September 8 to 10, 2008, in Sacramento, California.
Since 2003, the California Energy Commission has been the home of the first state-sponsored research program on climate change in the nation, focusing on California-specific issues. Our research complements federal and international research efforts to produce scientific information for the state to inform climate change policy. This year's conference features valuable new findings on climate change impacts, mitigation, and adaptation.
This year, the conference will be videocast over the Internet. Speakers and presentations will be able to be viewed in close to "real time" from the conference. Please check back here on this page for the link to the video webcast during the conference! Also, the presentations will be made available each day during the conference, and the videocast will be archived online for future viewing.
Conference Documents & Links
- LIVE STREAMING VIDEOCAST of CONFERENCE (Available during conference.)(Please contact Video Streaming Services for connection problems at: 916-456-9601)
- Agenda and Presentations (Additional presentations will be added as they are obtained.)
- Conference Program (Acrobat PDF file, 16 pages, 1.3 MB)
- Poster Session (Coming soon!)
1400 J Street
Rooms 202-204 (Oral Presentations)
Exhibit Hall E (Oral Presentations)
Exhibit Hall D (Poster Session)
Sacramento, California 95814
Background & Registration
Conference presentations are tailored to share technical information in an easy-to-understand manner with policy makers, managers, climate change researchers, news media, and the general public.
- Present the research obtained by the Energy Commission-sponsored research through its California Climate Change Center.
- Provide a forum for individuals interested in regional climate change issues and ongoing research in California.
- Facilitate cross-disciplinary discussion of key climate change research issues to target scientifically and economically sustainable solutions.
- Provide networking opportunities among institutions to address regional climate change issues.
Registration is open until September 4, 2008! To register or for more information, go to: http://www.seeuthere.com/Climate_Change_Conf2008.